Thursday, January 19, 2012

OLW January Assignment

I am still very excited about One Little Word for 2012. I just finished January's assignments and so far I love it! Each month there will be a video to watch, then assignments for journaling, photography, art work, you name it, to help us focus on our word for the year.

First, we were to use an 8.5X11 album with We R Memory Keeper 9 pocket page protectors and C-Line 4X6 peel and stick pockets. After that it was suggested to use items from your stash, but what fun is that? I wanted some products that I could use throughout the book, and would last the entire year (or years if I keep it up). Here is what I chose (all product from the best place on earth, ETC.):


 Papers by October Afternoon, Farmhouse line, with Bazzill cardstocks in Dusk, Yukon Gold, Lagoon, and Sandbox.
 Added in some fabrics and trims by Moda, Urban Cowgirl line.
And some K&Co Smash Book Products.

And here is my album for the year:
 The class came with downloadable printwork, which I used in the cover's window.

The actual assignment is a title page (4X6 sleeve):

 Backed with a current photo (I cheated and used one from last summer) with the downloaded photo overlay:
 And our first 9 pocket page with 5 cards including our definition, thesaurus, why we chose the word, our intention with the word, and a quote with our word. The other four cards were freebies to do as we please:



 I love the process so far, and am really happy with the way it looks, too. Can't wait to see what they have in store for February!

4 comments:

Lindsey Neill said...

Beautiful job!

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

I didn't realize you were doing the OLW class as well! How cool! I can't wait to see your album progress throughout the year. You're off to a great start :)

angiedunn said...

love, love, love the colors & everything you chose for your stash. so pretty!

you are making me want to join the class! ♥

H said...

"mindful" is the perfect word for you... not because you need to work on it, but because you are. That is one of the things that makes you so unique, and this album is just going to make it all the more obvious. You may inspire me to jump onboard in a year or so. Thanks for all the posts and inspiration!