Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday Weekend

I had a fabulous birthday weekend thanks to my friend, Kimberly. Her family has a cabin in Forest lakes, a 3 hour drive from here. It was absolutely gorgeous!

We devised this plan when Kimberly found out Sophie has never been to the snow! She is truly an Arizona kid. And I'll tell you Forest lakes snow is SOOOO much more fun than Nebraska snow. We could play outside there for hours, it was perfect.
Tony and I shoveled a smooth path for the kids to sled and they loved it. 
 Sophie Sledding
 Celeste Sledding
 Kiddos' first snowman.

Our evenings were spent by the warm fire, eating yummy home made dinners, sipping wine and playing games with the kids.

Perfection.

 

3 comments:

Lindsey Neill said...

FUN! So happy to hear you enjoyed the snow and cold weather! And the wine too ; )

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

It looks (and sounds) like so much fun!! I'm glad you had such an amazing birthday weekend :)

H said...

I know that cabin you went to. My mom is just across the highway from the Pope place.

We just realized that Tasha has never been on a plane. I'm working on a trip to fix that :)