Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Red Velvet Art

Tony has been gone since Jan 1st working in Missouri. I decided to fly to St. Louise to meet with the customer and drive home with Tony. One bonus, I could go to Red Velvet, located on Commercial street in an old part of Springfield, MO. It is owned by Elsie who's blog I have been reading for years. Her store is full  of vintage dresses, art, handmade items, and a cupcake bakery. Well, we made it there:


Here I am just outside, but...

As you can see the open sign is not lit up and the hours say they are open Tuesday-Saturday...It was Monday...oh no!

I was so bummed! No trying on vintage dresses, none of Emma's (Elsie's sister) cupcakes or bubble tea, no fun shopping, and no Elsie! Such a bummer! But, just inside was Elsie working on a new display for the next day, and what does my {usually very shy} husband do? He waves her over and she opens for us! What a sweetheart. She chatted with us for a minute, and was so kind to pose for a picture. I got to take a quick peek into her store and it is ADORABLE! It was not quite the experience I was expecting, but how sweet of Tony to get me that opportunity to meet her:

If I am ever in MO again I will be sure to stop in during business hours, but I will never forget this experience.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Love it! How cool is that?! I love Elsie's blog too - she is too cute and how great of tony to knock for you:)

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

OMG...I'm so JEALOUS! What a bummer that it wasn't open, but to meet Elsie is so cool!! I was just thinking that I need to visit my Bestie in Shawnee Mission and convince her to take the ride to SPringfield.

Jamie said...

That is so cool! She looks different then on her blog.

Amber said...

OMG! I can't believe you got to go to the Red Velvet Art shop! I am so jealous! How cool was Tony to flag down Elsie AND for her to open up and take a photo with you! That is pretty awesome! I think it says a lot about her! I am so JEALOUS!

angiedunn said...

i'm so jealous/happy for you/but still jealous! ;) your picture is darling. two adorable girls.

Julie said...

How special!! So glad you got to visit and I hope you get to go back again when the store is open!

H said...

Do our husbands have any idea how great they are when they do stuff like that for us? It's really special when they have that insight into what makes us happy. Good for Tony! And totally cute building.