Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to.....ME!

So, here I am in all my glory, at 36! Alexa took this picture of me, in a mall parking lot of all places.



I had a really great birthday. First, I met my friends, Jessica and Nina for lunch at Desert Ridge.





We went to the fabric store there so I could pick fabrics for my birthday present, a custom made bag for my camera. Jessica has been making them as diaper bags, but will make mine with dividers that will fit my camera and lenses, flash, etc. Here is a sample of her cute bags:



I had to work that night, and cutie pie, Ginny, brought me a gift of movie passes, candy, and more. After work, my friend Melissa and I went out for cheesecake and a drink, yum and double yum! I came home that night to this on my bedroom wall:

You probably can't read it but it says Happy 36th B-Day Mommy, and has a fabulous drawing of me doing the splits (thanks Sophie!)


But the birthday festivities were not over then. Saturday night my scrapbooking friends surprised me at work with

These:

A bling keychain made by my friend and the best jewelry maker, Teresa, gift cards to my FAVORITES, Barnes and Noble, and Starbucks (thanks D and D). An OTT(over the top) mini book of our trip to LA to see Wicked, and some gorgeous frames from Kirkland (thanks Gaye and Jamie). And the cards, so cute!

All in all it was a great birthday, and reminded me how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

glad you had a great birthday lisa!!! i seriously would not have guessed 36, you look smokin'! (:
{p.s. the splits picture is amazing!!!}

Anonymous said...

Birthdays sure remind us of great friends. I love the bag, I want one as a purse it is so stinkin cute.

Jessica said...

Yay for birthdays! I LOVE the pictures!