Monday, October 1, 2012

First High School Dance

Celeste just attended her very first high school dance and I can not believe how fast time goes (I know I sound like a broken record, but seriously???). She was asked to go by a friend/classmate of hers, Sterling. He asked her by bringing her this bouquet at school:
 Beautiful, Right? She was so excited about her plans, a group date with 6 couples to Monti's La Casa Vieja in downtown Tempe, and then the dance. Since they are all Freshman (and don't yet drive or date) the kiddos and parents all met at the Hayden Flour Mill for pictures, had dinner at Monti's (separately from the kids of course) and then drove them to the dance. Celeste and I went downtown early to do some photos for her "school" pictures. {in case you don't remember how I feel about school picture view here and here.}
So, here are a few of my favorite "school" photos:





 I know I'm not impartial, but dang is she beautiful!
Then it was on to the flour mill to meet up with her date:

 They exchanged the corsage and boutonniere.
 Celeste and Sterling.  
{He happened to match her dress perfectly, which was purple with blue iridescence, but all the photos picked up more blue! Go figure!)
The GORGEOUS girls:
 Angela, Taylor, Katherine, Celeste, Abbie, Kira
What a beautiful group of young ladies!
Kira, Angela, Katherine, Abbie, Celeste, Taylor

And the couples:
 Angela and Eric, Celeste and Sterling, Kira and John, Abbie and Nick, Katherine and Conner, Taylor and Shae.

Conner, Katherine, Eric, Angela, Taylor, Shae, Celeste, Sterling, Kira, John, Abbie, Nick  
Then they were off to dinner at Monti's, Senator's room:
 Celeste said she had a lot of fun at her first dance, and actually even danced! Yay!

1 comment:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Celeste is so pretty!! And you my friend have an amazing eye for portraiture photography. I love the poses and angles. Great job :)