Monday, February 13, 2012

Pinterest Sunday

It's that time again, Pinterest Sunday!

This Sunday we managed two Pinterest copies, a hair style and {drum-roll.......} another cupcake!

Sophie wore this cute 'do to church on Sunday, thanks to a "Pin" I saw on Pinterest. I see so many cute styles on there, most of which won't work on my curly locks so my kids are my guinea pigs {hair models, whatever}. So here is the "3 braided buns":



 Oh, my Sophie-Loo is such a cutie, if I do say so myself!

And, as you may know, it's Girl Scout cookie time. So in honor of my family's favorite I bring you Samoa cupcakes. I have seen them all over Pinterest, but got my recipe of my friend Jenny's blog, Learn With Jenny.
 If you haven't read her blog, you must! She is an amazing woman with an inspiring story. You can read about her story and her reason for baking cupcakes here.
And without further ado, the beautiful Samoa cupcakes:

 If you know Samoas, then you know they are a shortbread cookie covered in caramel, coconut and chocolate. This recipe is a chocolate cupcake, with coconut extract, topped with homemade caramel butter cream, drizzled with chocolate sauce, and topped with toasted coconut. The girls had a great time helping with these, and toasted the coconut on their own!

1 comment:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Sophies braided buns are ADORABLE! So prairie girl. Or Princess Leia, ha :)

If you ever make a batch of those cupcakes again (minus the coconut), save one for me!!