Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sweethearts

We all know Tony was gone for my birthday, so I told him all I wanted was him to take pictures with me for this book. We finally got to it on Valentine's weekend (he got off easy, don't you think? My birthday AND Valentine's day and that is all I wanted!). Alexa took the pictures of us at a park in Tempe. She did such a good job! We took over 100 pictures, so I would have a lot to choose from. The book is a mixed media book, with acrylic, chipboard, cardboard, and cardstock pages. We used Glimmer Mist, Texture paste, silver leaf, vinyl, paint, and lots of cutouts, flowers, buttons, and bling. I love how it turned out. Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the day:






We really had a great time and could not stop laughing. There were so many pictures to choose from, I had a hard time narrowing it down.
Later that night, we went to dinner with 4 other couples at a Brazilian steak house. It was so cool! It is all you can eat, with hot appetizers and salad bar (which had really random things like calamari, squid, crab legs, etc,). Then they come around with 16 different meats on skewers for you to have pieces of. There was prime rib, tri tip, chicken, ham, turkey, lamb, and more. They also served us fried bananas, grilled pineapple, rice balls, beans and rice. It was really great food and such a fun experience. I would definitely recommend it as a fun date for all you carnivores!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Wow, your daughter has a great eye for taking pictures just like you. She did a great job and you both look great. What a neat idea. I'm going to have to steal that idea for my birthday.